Saturday, September 15, 2012

First Few Days

Cheers from this side of the pond!

I am finally posting my first post because I am all checked into my flat and finally have internet access.
So, recap:

My dad and I flew into London Tuesday and headed straight to meet our friends who live just outside of London. They have an adorable house and are some of the kindest people I know. After some dinner, I headed off to bed and thanks to a good ol' sleeping pill, slept from 9:30pm to 11:30am. I wanted to stay in bed all day but my dad wanted to get my adjusted to London time ASAP.

Day 1,2,3
We tried to see a lot but not overdo it because, lets face it, I am going to be here for 3+ months so I will have plenty of time to explore.



There is Parliament/Big Ben and some adorable little streets that had me thinking I was about to stumble upon Olivander's Wand Shop! Sigh.






I recommend this crepe stand, in Hamstead. BEST CREPES EVER!


Some shoes my dad was almost begging to buy for me.



View from the London Eye of my home for the next few months!

 


Finally the time came for me to check into my flat. I am on the 3rd floor, with no elevator, so I best not forget anything. I have my own room and share a kitchen and 2 bathrooms with 6 other people. So far I have met 3 of them and not one are from my program, so that is a great way to meet more people.


Anyways, now I am publishing this post, currently not knowing anyone from my program or where I am supposed to go for my MANDATORY meeting in the morning, so hopefully I figure that out before 11am.

Oh, and in wonderful news, the 2nd largest night club in London, Club Aquarium for those interested, is literally 200yds from my flat. I find that a success.

Latasss!
(apologies, might take me some time to figure out an attractive layout for this blog)

2 comments:

  1. It's great to read about the start of your trip. One thing, though, was that blue sunny sky from a couple pics...of England?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! It has been short weather every day and I've been wearing leggings and jeans!

    ReplyDelete