Tuesday, September 18, 2012

No Words

Literally.

I cannot think of the right words to use for the title of this post.

Monday sealed the deal for me. I belong in a city. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE SLO and Davis, but I fit in in a city. So many times in Davis I have to stop and edit my outfit before leaving my apartment, because I am dressed for a day in NYC, not a day in class and working at the COHO. In London, like NYC, you can wear whatever you want and no one will look twice, unless you look amazing. The fashion here is like New York, just slightly more polished, like the accent.

Monday we had an orientation at the University of Westminster, which was a reality check and reminded me that I am STUDYING abroad, not just living-shopping-exploring abroad. Whatever. I'll deal.

After a few of us decided to go shopping since we were right near Oxford St. The first store we went into, I almost had a heart attack. I wish I were kidding, but I almost started to cry tears of happiness. It was a Top Shop/Miss Selfridges and it. was. so. big. There was a MAP of the store so you wouldn't get lost. In the middle of the ground floor, they also had a frozen yogurt, cupcake and candy shop. You know, incase you needed sugar to keep you going through your shopping extravaganza. I really only made it to the accessory section. Surprised? That is where I really started having heart palpitations. I took this photo and even though it is blurry, y'all better appreciate it because two seconds later I got yelled at for taking photos.

Pictures don't do it justice. Plus this was only 1/3 if it.

Anywho, it was the most beautiful accessory section of any store I have ever seen. It just felt so incredibly amazing to see something I wanted to buy and not think, "Oh I love that, but I could never get away with that in Davis..." Here you can get away with anything! And I only have about 20 weeks left in Davis, so....stuff like these shoes are bound to happen.

Haters gon' hate.

Okay, sorry if I have lost those of you who are not fashion obsessed. I will come out of my happy place to talk about Tuesday.

Tuesday my study abroad group had an excursion to Harrods.

We got all dolled up and cute. (Notice the heels...walked around in those all damn day and my feet currently are not speaking to me.)

Tourist much?

The mothership - Harrods.

We had tea and fancy sandwiches and scones with clotted cream, that I am pretty sure is currently clotting my arteries, and pastries. Nom.
We also walked around the store and I came this close to deciding to not eat and live on the streets to pay 2395 POUUNDS for a pair of Christian Louboutins. The price of fashion. At least I didn't buy a puppy there for 1700 pounds.

After Harrods, we headed to a bar to a 'Freshers Week' event with the university. Once happy hour was over and we had to go back to paying full price for drinks, we left (me still in heels) and headed back to our flats. I got about 200yds from the building and then just took off the shoes, disregarding any strange looks because I am now used to them, seeing as yesterday I am positive I was the only person in London wearing shorts. But hey, give me sun and Ima take advantage. Shoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment