Sunday, September 16, 2012

Introducing London

So the first night was interesting. I figured, I have two feet, I'll see where they take me. Well, first they took me to a dead-end in an apartment complex that looked like the projects. Nice. Then I wandered around the area some more and found some amazing pubs, restaurants and shops. I couldn't, however, find ANYONE from my program or a fellow student for that matter. Just when I thought my night was going to be eating in my flat watching Glee, I ran into a flatmate and she invited me to dinner. Score!

A group of eight of us, 4 Americans, 3 Germans and 1 Swiss wandered London and ate at a delicious Italian place in Covent Gardens. We then headed back to the neighborhood of our dorm and went to a pub/small club called Trafik. It seemed really cool and had I been dressed better, I would definitely have been down to dance. Instead we drank our drinks and then called it a night around midnight. I planned to pass out but that was not in my future. The pillow I bought was harder than a rock and I probably got 4 hours of sleep. Needless to say, Sunday I was a zombie.

I met with my ISA group and we headed to the office for orientation. I met so many cool people. A few from California, but mostly from the east, especially New Jersey. After orientation we had an hour of free time and wandered up and down Oxford St., the LONGEST SHOPPING STREET IN EUROPE. Did I mention this street runs parallel from the street my school is on?! It was taking so much self control not to just spend my entire budget during that hour.

We all then took a nice long bus tour of London.
Enjoy the pictures!





Westminster Abbey



Tower of London

Oh haaayyyy


Entrance to Hogsmead
Now I am off to a pub to celebrate one of MANY 21st birthdays happening while abroad!

Coming up:
ISA Orientation
Shopping
Ice Bar
Picnics in the Park

No comments:

Post a Comment