Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hectic Week

This week I felt had a lot crammed into it.
Well lets not think about Tuesday. That day can be forgotten. I have class in the morning most days except Tuesday, I have it at 4pm. So if I don't have anything to get me up and going...I won't. Lets just say Tuesday I needed sleep and laid around all day like a slug working on my last paper.

Wednesday I went to the first part of my lecture, then spent the rest of the morning in a café attempting to finish this last.damn.paper.

At 2:30 I met with ISA to go tour the Harry Potter Studios!!!!
I was stoked to say the least.
This place was INSANE and SO magical. We toured so many sets and got to see so many props. The work that went into these movies...I get exhausted at just the thought. The hours and hours upon work they did was unreal. There were so many hand painted props and all the sketches for the scenes were so intricate. They would sketch sets, then paint them, then create them digitally etc. Too much for me. Remember the wand shop? Over 17,000 wands, all in hand decorated boxes. UNREAL! I don't think I can use that word enough. The sets and props were beautiful! The only regret I will ever have in life is not being able to be apart of those movies - it was something truly magical. And again, I cannot stress enough how much work must have gone into making these films. The characters they had to create and how many prototypes they created and the machinery to make them come to life.
Oy I cannot even try to talk about it all. Here are some pictures to entertain you.


















For being such a big Harry Potter fan, this was truly one of the best experiences of this trip.

Thursday was a normal day, until nighttime. A bunch of us went ice skating in Hyde Park. In the winter they have a Winter Wonderland festival, with ice skating, rides and a Christmas Market.
It was so beautiful! I love cities during the Holiday season!



However, now its bed time because I have a 445am wake up call to go to Brussels!!


No comments:

Post a Comment