Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week of Productivity

Not too much has been going on this week. I have made sure to make it a productive week and get ahead with all my papers. I have about two papers per class averaging 1500-2500 words each so about 20,000 words to write this semester!

This week I wrote two papers, finished a group project and started every other paper.

Tuesday I went to see the production of War Horse. I really had no idea what to expect. I have not seen the movie and knew nothing about the story, but I needed to see a non-musical play to write a critique on for one of my classes and my good friend from home, SiƩnna, (who visited me this weekend!!) suggested it.

It was incredible! I was curious how they were going to portray the horse and it was so believable. They had a structure of a horse with two people inside controlling the legs and then one person on the outside controlling the neck and head and they all made the horse noises which were incredible. After about five minutes I forgot I was watching humans acting as a horse and just saw a horse on stage. True art.

Wednesday my class went to Tate Modern, the 2nd most popular museum in London and I am so confused as to why. I am sorry if I offend anyone, but I personally do not like Modern Art. To me, it does not hold a candle to the Impressionism and Post-Impressionism movements and any other painting movement. To me, modern art is not about skill. It is about thinking of a concept and find an abstract way to represent that concept. I guess it is still art, but not good art in my opinion.

On a happier note, I have officially decided to never leave London. My heart is here forever and I am in love with this city.
Following that note, tomorrow I AM leaving London as I am going to spend the weekend in Scotland with my study abroad group.
Looking forward to this!
Recap to follow!
St. Pancras HOTEL!


Here is Oxford Street all lit up at night!









No comments:

Post a Comment