Monday, December 17, 2012

Paris pt. 2

Saturday morning was a late start kind of morning. It was a bit of a day of struggle as well...all day.

We met another friend of Sienna's for brunch around 11am. It was so delicious. A bit pricey, but for one price, you got toast, croissants, eggs, yogurt, applesauce and a coffee or tea. Deeeeelicious and satisfying.

When breakfast was over, we were off to a surprise planned by Sienna - ICE SKATING! However, when we got to the rink, the wait for 90 min and none of us wanted to wait that long, so instead we wandered through some of the christmas markets along the Champs Elysées. We realized we were near a restaurant called Angelina and I knew I HAD to go there. Every friend from London that had made a trip to Paris had gone there and came back raving about the hot chocolate. There was a line out the door, so I knew it had to be good. Three of us each got an order of hot chocolate and we could NOT finish it. It was SO FREAKING GOOD and thick, but soooo rich. I just imagined they had a giant pot in the back and just continuously melted the best chocolate in the world and poured that into cups to serve, it was THAT good.

Unfortunate Event #2
We were rushing to catch a tube to head to our next destination. In London, the doors are open for a solid amount of time if there are lots of people and if the doors do happen to close on you, they will reopen quickly. Not. In. Paris.
We were trying to get on a cart and so many people were exiting. Sienna and her friend got on and I did not hear the beeping signaling the doors were about the close as I got on. All of a sudden, BOOM, two sets of doors (the doors to the tube and another wall of doors that prevent people from falling in the tracks) just slam close on me. I was hoping they'd pop back open, but no, they were on a mission to crush me. I am guessing this happens often, because two adorable french men immediately saved me by prying the doors off of me. The doors froze half open for a few seconds, during which I should have jumped on the cart, but instead I backed off, a bit shaken up, to which then Sienna realized she had to hop off with me as I had no idea where I was going. Boom. Doors slam on her and she had to be pried out. We finally both escaped the slamming doors, thanks to some French men. If you are reading this, look me up on Facebook ;)

After that sinfully good experience, we took the metro to an area known as Bercy Village, an adorable cobblestone street with shops and restaurants. The three of us met up with another friend, Remi, and went to go see The Hobbit. Now, I have only seen half of the first Lord of the Rings...and I fell asleep :/ oops. But knowing The Hobbit was coming out, I wanted to see that and then watch LOTR. I didn't realize The Hobbit was going to be THREE movies, but I really enjoyed it and look forward to watching all three LOTR.

When the movie was over, we went back to an apartment to cook up some dinner and then called it a night.

Unfortunate Event #3
We were rounding a corner to climb some stairs out of the Metro and I thought I heard someone fall. I quickly rushed around the corner, but it was merely the sound of a man readjusting all the luggage and bags he was carrying up the stairs. I was running up the stairs to keep up with Sienna when BOOM. Down I went. All Sienna was when she turned around was me flat on my face on the stairs.
Goodness I am soooo damn graceful.

Sunday a bunch of us gathered at Remi's apartment and just spent the morning into the early afternoon, schmoozing and dining on bread, crepes, savory french toast, cheese, jam, meat and fruit. It was so enjoyable and relaxing. Once we were all sufficiently full, Sienna, her friend Remi, and I headed to the Eiffel Tower. This trip was not touristy at ALL, which was nice, but I could not come to Paris without seeing the tower. Once touristy pictures were taken, Sienna took me to this expo filled with modern art displays, food and clothing pop up shops. Once that was done, we headed back to the Champs Elysées to Laduree, a delicious place known for their macaroons. There are a few stores in London (one of which I've been to in Harrods), but I enjoyed going to the original one in Paris.




We enjoyed dinner after and then headed back to the flat for an early night since Sienna had class early Monday morning. In the morning, we had brunch with Remi and then parted ways - Sienna to class and me with Remi. He was kind enough to take me on a little walking tour of Paris as he ran some errands, before dropping me off at the train station. Soon it was back to London!



No comments:

Post a Comment