Saturday, October 20, 2012

High Tea 2.0 and Brighton

Friday I had the pleasure of enjoying my second high tea experience whilst in London for my fellow 805 friend Carrie-Rose's birthday. We went to Fortnum and Mason for High Tea and it was quite the experience.

I had never heard of Fortnum and Mason but it was quite an extraordinary store. It was like a mini version of Harrods. It had 5 floors which contained so many goods like teas, coffees, chocolates, home goods, perfume, hats, purses and more.

Tea was delightful. You could choose what tea you wanted with your food and I chose a Black Tea with Vanilla and it was divine.




After tea we wandered the store for a bit. I found a few things I loved. There were some ornate tea pots that I really wanted...300 pounds. Then I found an umbrella I loved....130 pounds. I quickly realized this was not a store I was going to do some casual shopping in.
Quite the hat

Once we were done at Fortnum and Mason, we walked the beautiful streets of London and wandered back in the Carnaby Street area. This is a small area of cobblestone streets and restaurants and shops near Regent Street. It was really beautiful all lit up at night.


Saturday, my tour group went to Brighton for the day!
It was a quick trip - we arrived at noon and left at 4:45pm, but it was still enjoyable to go to the beach. We first toured the Royal Pavilion there and it was so beautiful. Such a heavy oriental influence and there was a chandelier in the great room that was the most beautiful I have ever seen. We couldn't take photos, so here are some from the internet.




After the pavilion we went to the pier and had some AMAZING fish and chips. We also walked around town in an area called The Lanes - just some cute little shops along cobblestone streets, aka my favorite.
As we were leaving, we got caught in a Zombie walk. Apparently, every year Brighton has a Zombie Walk and it is officially the largest gathering of zombies in the world. Over 4,000 people participated last year. It was hilarious!
Saturday was a quiet night in because Sunday I needed to be super productive. I am going to Amsterdam in less than a week and have a lot of school work to do!




No comments:

Post a Comment