Saturday, October 13, 2012

Penguins, Monet and Rock n' Roll

Just another week in London town. This week marks the one month anniversary of my arrival. Crazy how time flies. Just two more months till its back to America!
Mondays and Tuesdays are usually pretty low key, consisting of me going to class and running errands and just exploring this great city.

On Wednesday, my Art and Society class went to the National Gallery museum where we saw paintings by Van Gogh and Monet, just to name a few. It was such a giant gallery, we probably only saw 1/8 of it, so I definitely have to make time to go back.



After class, my friend Stephanie and I headed to the London Aquarium. It just seemed strange to me to have a giant aquarium in the middle of a metropolitan city. It was relaxing and really entertaining. There were penguins, sharks and turtles! I also went into a hurricane simulator where wind was blown at me at 80mph. Enjoy this lovely treat.

I quickly realized I was wearing the wrong shirt to be caught in a hurricane in. How silly of me.

This guy was such a little ham

Some street performers outside the Aquarium


That night my study abroad group went to see the musical Rock of Ages. I didn't really know what to expect, but I really like it! It was a bit raunchy, but the actors were all so talented and I loved the music. I hope to see a few more shows while I am here.
source
the london cast. SO amazing!
source

Friday I went to the London Dungeon. This is not a historical place. This is a haunted house/maze with rides and more. Not super scary, but an entertaining afternoon. Afterwards I headed north to have dinner with Aubrey and Flickie, some family friends. It was super relaxing and really great to have a free, home-cooked meal and the company was delightful as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment